POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to permit null objects? : How to permit null objects? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  How to permit null objects?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 5 Feb 2001 11:10:20
Message: <3A7ECF11.5AB59B9C@my-dejanews.com>
I'm trying to set up some "modular" code in INC's where I want to have
the option of having "null objects."  (The application is a body where I
don't have to say define all the finger objects all the time;  I want to
have say one object that is all the approprate cylinders, another which
is just a few boxes.  One INC will define the motion, with modular INC's
for various "bodies".).

What is the best way for me to do this?

Ideally, I could say:
#declare fingerobject123= object{null}

If I cannot, what is the next best "null object" to use, especially if I
don't want it to mess with the bounding box or trace functions or other
properties of the collection of the objects?  Would it be along the
lines of

#declare fingerobject123= sphere {0,1e-10 pigment rgbft 1} ?